Friday 25 October 2013

Infringement of rights by AIT, A Television Station Giant in Nigeria!

In a recent phone conversation with Nollywood Queen Oluwa the producer of the popular Yoruba movie by the name ATUPA EMI, she told our Tkbesh! correspondent in Lagos of her disappointment with the popular TV Station AIT and entire DAAR communications! She expressed her displeasure over their negligence and lack of respect for copy rights act, her hard work and the movie industry. Our correspondent followed up with her and asked Queen Oluwa a few more questions and below were what she had to say:-
392972_372706812839487_1338126719_nQueen T.Oluwa
Tkbesh! Thanks for contacting us with this information. What do you hope to see happen or achieve out of this?
Queen:- I actually should be thanking you for listening. I want justice and my rights protected!
Tkbesh! How exactly did you learned that AIT was airing your movie ATUPA EMI?
Queen:- Friends and family and other actors first drew my attention through phone calls and messages. Some were even congratulating me over the success. Only what would have been an honorable engagement has left me rather bitter and disappointed.
Tkbesh! Why bitter and disappointed?
Queen:- AIT has never at any time requested for my consent or release before airing my production and this is a big slap on the face! They broke a law and I d’ like to think that even organization big as AIT is not above the law!
Tkbesh! What steps have you taken so far to draw their attention to this infringement upon your right and production?
Queen:- I contacted my lawyers first in November of 2012. They sent them the first letter and then the second one in January 2013 and they are either acting dumb or simply aren’t responding yet!
Tkbesh! Isn’t there any further action there to be taken by your lawyers to see the law upheld?
Queen:- Yes, as a matter of fact, there is. My lawyers did informed them that they are proceeding to the court of law in an effort to seek full justice over this.
Tkbesh! Are you asking for any ransom or any retroactive payment in this matter to allow you make up for any loss you might have incurred over their alleged negligence?
Queen:- Yes, I am and I would live to keep this part confidential due to sensitivity of the matter being pursued in the court of law!
Tkbesh! We certainly respect that and hope that all comes out good for you in the end.
Queen:- Thank you again and I hope so as well!
queenii

Below are copies of letters served by her lawyers, which was ignored by AIT. 

Lawnotes lawnote

No comments:

Post a Comment